friendsgiving, christmas, and everything in between.

9:53 PM

I love how I started a blog at the beginning of November, and haven't posted since...oops. Life got so crazy after thanksgiving with finals, Christmas, and having two of my favorite roommates leave at the end of the semester! I officially completed my first semester of college, and as difficult as it was, it was such a wonderful experience. I made so many new friends, visited new places, and had the best roommates. I would've never thought my college experience would be as wonderful as it has been.

Friendsgiving

A week before actual thanksgiving, a bunch of our friends had a little get together before the break and all the craziness of finals. We had not one, but TWO turkeys, homemade rolls, mashed potatoes, stuffing,  and like 5 pies. (Shout out to Camee for knowing how to cook like a boss.)
Side note about the turkey; we were trying to get them thawed in time to cook, and Nick, our FHE brother, suggested we put the turkeys in our tub under running warm water to thaw faster. So I went and put them in the tubs (we have two in our apartment) and left the water running. After about 15 minutes, I thought I should go check on them and went to the bathroom to find the water literally almost overflowing out of the tubs! The turkeys had been on top of the drain so the water was just filling up in the tub lol.  Super funny.























The Saturday after friendsgiving, we went to Mesa Falls which is about an hour and a half from Rexburg. Going on these little adventures with the dopest people has seriously been such a highlight of this semester. We all know how to have a good time and I have never laughed more than I do with these people. I am so blessed to know them. We sadly didn't get to the falls before it was dark (it was my fault, I procrastinated taking a test...haha :D) But the falls were so pretty and the sunset was absolutely perfect.























Thanksgiving break and Finals

I ended up leaving early and missing some school before thanksgiving break because why would I not pass up an opportunity to leave a day early to see my family lol. Before Thanksgiving break, I hadn't seen my family since the weekend of the October 14! It had been so long and it was so nice to come home and have fun with the fam. The day before Thanksgiving, I went to a Switchfoot concert in Las Vegas with my brother and his friend Kelsey. Seriously one of the best decisions I've made. I was a little hesitant about going since it would mean we would be driving home from St George on a holiday, but I am sooooo glad I went. Forever in love with Tim Foreman y'all.
The break overall was a good time. I got to visit a lot of my friends who I hadn't seen since September. But Thanksgiving break is always kind of a teaser and just made me more anxious for Christmas Break haha.


























































































































Post November

After Thanksgiving was a total blur. The stress of finals was beginning to set in, and the reality that Maia and Kate would be leaving at the end of the semester was slowly approaching. Everything happened so fast and before I knew it, I was waking up at 7AM to take my last final on Friday. That morning was so stressful, not to mention it was a total blizzard outside (gotta love Rexburg and that -5 degree weather.)  The following Sunday, we all met to go to temple square before Maia and Camee left home for Maryland. I was bittersweet to realize that would be my last time with Maia until April when she comes back for Spring Semester. I'm just grateful for FaceTime and Snapchat y'all.





























I can't believe Christmas Day has already come and gone! I come to this point every year thinking "Where has time gone?" This year has come with so many new changes and experiences that have made me grow so much as a person. I think the best part about this Christmas was skyping Jessie (obviously.) Me and her have become closer than ever as she has been serving her mission. She is one of the most amazing people I've ever known and I cannot wait until she comes home in May! As I am sitting in my basement typing on my mother laptop (mines in Idaho), looking at one of our Christmas trees with our family ornaments on it, all I can think about is how grateful I am for everything I have in this life. I love getting presents at Christmas, and eating so much food, and watching movies. But, the older I get, the more important family and friends become, as well as the Gospel. I am so lucky to have these amazing people in my life and I wouldn't trade them for anything in this world. I am so grateful so have such amazing family to set an example to me of what it means to live the gospel fully.











































































Thank you to everyone who I knew this past year, who made life a little better for me in one way or another. I hope I did the same for you.
Thank you to my beautiful roommates who made me happier than I have been in a very long time. Maia, Kate, Camee, Brooke, and Lindsey; you all are truly gifted people who I will love and remember.
Thank you to my friends back at home who kept in touch even after I moved. You all helped me remember where home truly is.
Thank you to my wonderful family, I love you forever and always.


And thank you to those who actually read all of this blog post, you're all grand as well.
xo




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe